Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sucker as we call it

Tessa is absolutely in love with her paci-fier/sucker, as she calls it. I had gotten it away from her during all waking hours and she's only been allowed to have it at night time and naps since she was about 18 months. Well, after dealing with fits for the past few months and sometimes out of control behavior, I thought I would try letting her have it. Amazingly, the child is so calm and almost fit free when she has it. I know there are a lot of opinions out there about toddlers with pacifiers, but I've decided to choose sanity and give in to the sucker at least for now. We don't give it to her at all times, but whenever I see any sort of distress and she asks for it, I go ahead and give it to her.

1 comment:

  1. So, Kate didn't suck a pacifier as an infant - hated it. She sucked her thumb until she was 4months old and then lost it also. I thought life was great - never would have to break either. Well, think again - since Addison has been born and moving, Kate is addicted to a pacifier. I am so embarrassed, but have no idea what to do. I have a potty trained, 2 1/2 year old sucking a huge soothie pacifier sometimes - oh me! We are going to try having a pacifier fairy come and leave her a gift/take the pacifiers with her. Good luck, but don't worry too much I guess : )

    ReplyDelete