Monday, September 28, 2009

Trying to become more domestic....

My mom came in town for the weekend and we decided to take advantage of Tessa being in preschool Thursday morning. We went shopping for my Christmas present...a little early.

My mom has always wanted me to sew. She is a really good seamstress herself and she tried her best to teach me, but I was just never interested. My 8th grade home-ec project was a baby doll dress. I always told my teacher that I needed more time to work on it so she would let me take it home. Of course, that meant my mom did most to all of the work:) She always told me when I was ready that she wanted to buy me my first sewing machine. I don't know where it came from, but I finally got the urge to sew. I've been wanting to find a hobby that I can do in all of my free time ;), so I thought sewing might be a good thing to try.

I practiced a lot over the weekend. My mom showed me the basics of my machine and we hemmed a pair of pants together. I haven't decided what my first project is going to be.... I need something really easy so that I don't get frustrated or feel like a failure:)

Thanks Mom...hopefully I'll be half as good as you someday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment