Monday, July 19, 2010

Lyla's arrival


Lyla Jane Summerlin was born on Wednesday March 17th, 2010 at 2:37 in the afternoon. I was induced at 8 am that morning. and had pretty strong contractions up until I received my epidural at 1:30 pm. Needless to say, I was very ready for my epidural! Unfortunately, the medicine didn't work nearly as well as it did with Tessa. The anesthesiologist had to keep adding more and more medicine because I was still feeling pain. Finally, 15 minutes after he had the epidural as good as he could, Lyla arrived! She was completely healthy 7lbs even and 18". She was such a pretty newborn, we all thought...very dainty:) The hospital stay was good, but tiring! We were all ready to come home!

At home waiting for us was Nana and big sister, Tessa! They greeted us when we arrived home Friday at one in the afternoon. Tessa was very sweet and wanted to hold Lyla. The very next day, Lyla saw her first snowstorm!

From the start, Tessa has done really well adjusting to having a new baby at home. She never acted jealous or had much trouble adjusting. In the first few days, Josh and Tessa spent a lot of quality time together so she didn't feel left out. Lyla brought home a big pony Starsong doll with a paci and a bottle for her big sister. I think that helped Tessa like Lyla even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment