Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lyla's first food....





At Lyla's 4 month check up, Dr. Raley told me to go ahead and introduce solids whenever we were ready. I was definitely not in any hurry to start baby food, but I thought maybe it would help her sleep better at night if we filled her tummy up more. We decided to start with oatmeal mixed with baby milk. The first couple of times I gave it to her, she gave me a look like ... "What is this you're putting in my mouth!?!" It was super messy...she pretty much spit it all right back at me. I had to keep the spoon in her mouth in order for her to learn to swallow it. Now, she has it every day after her afternoon nap and seems to really like it. I'll probably wait a few more weeks before we start trying fruits and vegetables.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha, GREAT pictures showing her 'love' for her first food. Your blog is so cool. Hope you've found a way to back it up so you'll have it for years to come. It's really touching to read!

    ReplyDelete