Thursday, September 16, 2010

Lyla at 5 months...



Lyla is growing up so fast! In her fifth month, Lyla learned how to sit on her own. She's a little bit wobbly, but it won't be long and she will be able to sit up and play for long periods of time. She still loves to be on her tummy. It's almost impossible to change her diaper. The moment I lay her down on her back, she's already trying to roll over onto her tummy. Same thing in the bouncy chair...this baby HAS to be strapped in or she's out on the floor in a matter of two seconds. I think she is going to be active like her daddy!

She is still sleeping really well. A lot of mornings I don't even know when she wakes up. I go in there to check on her thinking she's still asleep, but she's in there just talking to her paci. She is such a sweet baby and loves to smile and laugh!

She has really gotten good at eating her baby food. She usually has rice cereal with applesauce and bananas for breakfast; a vegetable puree for lunch and another one for dinner. I've started making homemade baby food. It's so easy and I just make extra to freeze in ice cube trays for later. So far I've made sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, potatoes, butternut squash, pears, pineapple, and bananas. I just mix it with a little bit of pumped milk and blend it up. She loves it so much I'm having to make sure she's still getting enough milk too.

We love our baby Lyla! She's cute as can be and it's so fun to watch her grow up and learn new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment